Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Welcome to Augusta State!!!!!!

Today I traveled from Fayetteville, NC to Augusta, Georgia! Jessalyn took me to the airport this morning where both of my bags were over 50 lbs yet again! The lady let me go with both bags being over. (One at 52 and one at 54 lbs.!!!! GOD BLESS HER!)

I took two planes to get here; my connecting flight being in Charlotte. The plane from Charlotte to here was 9 rows. I literally was seated under the wing. Yes, under! Pics will be posted on facebook to show you what I mean!

I arrived in Augusta and was taken to the apartment where I'll be staying!! It feels like a palace... I have my own room. The place is beautiful and it's a 4 bedroom place that only 2 girls live in. (I will be roomie # 3!) It's funny the daily things that we take for granted. This apartment to most wouldn't be anything special... but the fact that I have my own room, my own desk, a nice and clean bathroom, feels like I'm a celebrity staying in a 5-star hotel! CRAZINESS!

Today I arrived SO tired. I don't know why.. but I almost feel like I'm being a bad LC. I apologized for being "anti-social" but I just felt like I didn't have a ton of energy to give. I finalized a few flights today with Kim, I talked to their CPD and DTD; I responded to emails, and unpacked.

I went for a run on this cute little trail behind their apartment. It was really nice, and definitely needed. I haven't done anything physical in quite some time, so it was nice that it's just right there.

Tonight is their Panhellenic Installation dinner!! They are the second sorority on this campus which officially starts their Panhellenic! Crazy, right? I'm excited that I'm able to attend!!

Anyway, that's it for now!!

Love you all, and guess what?!?!?!


3 more days!!

No comments: