Sunday, August 30, 2009

Is it bad that i don't want to leave?

So this was the best visit ever! I know I've said it a billion times, but I have fallen in love with them. Today was one of the best days ever for me. It was bid day, and all of the alphas looked so excited! They made quota which was 13... and it was a long week and their first formal recruitment.

My favorite part of the day was after the alpha ceremony. I have been asking for positives of the day, every day, all week long! Tonight we went around the cirlce and everyone gave a positive of the week or the day. It was an amazing moment because people shared how they've grown closer with each other, how they've enjoyed this last week, how they love the alphas, their diamonds, etc.... Idk. Laura, the RVP expressed her appreciation to the girls for working so hard, Maggie spoke about the importance of keeping it going and her appreciation, and i was just so sad to have to leave these girls. I tried to tell them how proud I was of them.. and was a giant mess of tears. Marcy was crying.. it just was awful!

The girls have been so sweet to me, telling me how much they appreciated me, and how much I've helped. They said I should miss my flight, that the Chapter would pay for me to stay and chip in for food. It was just really sweet the way they accepted me into their Chapter. I literally didn't feel like an outsider this week. I was one of them. I feel like I've been a part of the Chapter for years.. and I've been here for 10 days.

The bond of sisterhood in Alpha Delta Pi is something truly undeniable and remarkable. It's something a lot of people don't truly get and I feel so fortunate to be apart of this amazing organization. Our motto, "We live for each other" is something that truly does define my experience on the road.

No comments: