Thursday, September 10, 2009

Penn State (DK)... not all it's cracked up to be!

So today I arrived at Penn State for recruitment. Let's just say the Chapter isn't exactly what i expected. Maybe not the chapter as a whole... but the President definitely doesn't seem to want me here. I don't know that people truly understand why I'm here.. or even the purpose of my visit. I did as much as I could (which wasn't much) and yea... There has been no preperation for my arrival. (Meaning, no parking pass, no sleeping arrangements, no meal plans.) Luckily I didn't get hungry because not one person asked if I needed anything. I am staying with the Chapter Advisor, Kelly, in her one bedroom apartment. I feel bad because I feel like I'm invading her space. She and the Province Director aren't exactly pleased with the Chapter! O, I forgot to mention, I also got a parking ticket today! yay! Kelly grabbed it off of my windshield and was like.. the Chapter wil lbe paying for this!

It has been an interesting day 1 to say the least. Wish me luck tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no ash!!! that sounds horrible. although we kind of figured it would be a tough school. But I am sorry that they weren't appreciative of your efforts. :( keep your head high!

Ashley said...

thanks tt