Thursday, January 21, 2010

Beta Psi 9\(UK) visit and Zeta Zeta (AugSU) News

My visit at UK was SO short but it was nice. The girls were fun and it was neat to hear about their stories and the stuff they do on campus. Their recruitment sounds like a blast--wish i could actually experience it. The visit is a blur--but I got a lot of information on grad school and had fun walkin on campus! I had fun hangin with Laura--the new pres! lol

My last night of the visit I was hangin out with Laura in the kitchen and I got a call from Marcy--Zeta Zeta's advisor and got some awful news. Kristen Thompson, FVP of ZZ, died...

I still haven't fully let it sink in yet.. It's sad and awful. She was an amazing young woman and touched the lives of many during her time here on earth. I flew to AtL today to visit Emory--which is like 2 hours away MAX from Augusta. I would give anything to be at ASU right now with my girls. It is literally taking every amount of effort to not lay in bed--and cry. I feel the tears come on during the most awk times--and then i just suck them back in.
I'm not suppose to be sad... I'm suppose to be here to help. I get that. I'm at a school for formal recruitment where our chapter is in the top tier... i don't NEED to be here and it's frustrating. I want to grieve her death too--and i don't know when or how i'm suppose to do that...
AHHHHHH I could cry right now. O wait, i have to go to dinner with the emory girls. YAY.. today my motto is "fake it til you make it"... maybe if i smile long enough or laugh hard enough--it will all just go away.

No comments: