Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Training day 1!

So let me tell you about my day! I woke up this morning at around 9 am. My flight left at 1pm so I had plenty of time to get my stuff together and go! I went home to my mess of clothes that I had piled in my suitcase in the living room. Luckily, Bonni was on her way to help me decide what I needed to take out. We took a huge stack of things that I wouldn't actually need out. My suitcase ended up weighing exactly 50 pounds which was priceless!! One more outfit and I would have been out of luck.

James took me to the airport and it was perfect because there wasn't enough time to get sad at all. We checked my bags.. which I had to pay for. I ended up paying cash and the lady had to go to some safe which took like 15-20 minutes for her to come back. I ended up taking the shuttle to the other side of the airport at 1240. (plenty of time, right?!) Well I was texting Bonni how grown up I felt, when I heard "Ashley Ehrman, please report to the gate, this is the final boarding call! So much for feeling grown up, right?! I started laughing but panicking at the same time! I asked the security man what I should do, and he said wait in line. (He was a very pleasant and helpful guy..lol NOT) So I go through my line, picked up my shoes and literally sprinted to my gate. The lady at the gate was like "Wait, we have a runner!" lol Anyway, needless to say I made it on my flight and to Atlanta on time as scheduled!

We found out our first months schedule too! On August 10th, I am going to Murray State University in Kentucky, which is followed by Methodist University(NC), Augusta State(GA), back to Methodist, back to Augusta State then to Bucknell(PA), followed by Penn State... then the week of September 13-18th I would be going back in forth from Bucknell to Penn everyday!

We have 8 girls total and 5 will be at colonies. Tara, Brittany and I are going to be the main travelers but will help out with the other colonies and new chapters. Julia will be at Washington and Lee. Stefanie will be at Drake. Lauren will be at Wake Forest. Jackie will be at Quinipeak..I'm sure I spelled that wrong. Laura will be at Bucknell.

We are all super excited to know our "assignment". I will be off August 23-24 and Sept. 5-6. I miss you guys! Thanks for reading! I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited that you are going to get to travel so much! Especially that first month, that's so many schools!! I am even more excited to see you for recruitment! I love you cubes <>

Ashley said...

don't tell about recruitment..