Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Less than a week until I leave for training!

It's crazy to think that I am leaving in less than a week for training. The whole process has been so long, so it's weird that it's finally here. I turned in my application a while ago! I went through my interviews and found out in March that I was chosen to be a 2009-10 Leadership Consultant! Now it's July and I'm about to embark on this journey that I have been awaiting for so long!

This week has been an interesting one. I have so much on my mind that it's hard to focus on one thing. I have begun packing...but that is no easy task! I am allowed 2 suitcases, a carry-on, and a laptop case..(I think!). I am trying to be smart about the things I bring...not over packing, not going above the weight limit...not taking everything I own! I am trying to figure out what outfits I actually wouldn't mind wearing all the time, which shoes are comfortable enough to wear, how much is too much, or not enough!

The thing is, we still have no idea if we are traveling or being stationed at a colony. The packing styles are different for each. For a colony, you will be living at a set place for a long period of time. You are allowed to wear more casual clothes meaning lots of jeans, tshirts, flops etc! Now if I am traveling, basically I need all pin attire (business attire), maybe 1 pair of jeans. Either way, I have a huge black suitcase filled with every pin attire outfit I own, a few pairs of jeans, ADPi tshirts, a few different sets of pjs, athletic clothes, and too many shoes to count!! I know I should go through and take stuff out, I just haven't figured out which things I won't need!

I need athletic clothes for any philanthropic activity that involves hard work! I need jeans and letters for events, tons of pin attire, outfits for all weather climates! I also need everything I use on a given day; straightener, blow dryer, make up, toiletries, medicine, etc. This is no small task!

Anyway, the other thing I've been stressing over is all the people I will be leaving behind! That sounds so gay because I'm not going to a different country or risking my life, and I know I'll be home to visit. It's just weird not being able to see whoever I want, whenever I want to. James, Bonni, my cubic family, friends, my mom etc. It's weird trying to see everyone one last time before I go. It makes me sad, but at the same time, I don't think this whole thing has hit me yet. I have cried a few times because of the unknown with James, but other than that, I don't think I have truly gotten to the mindset that I am actually leaving.

I want you all to know, that I will miss you terribly! I will be just a phone call away so please don't hesitate to call! I also got a new phone with Internet and picture messages lol. I know, I'm a little late but now I will be sending you stuff whenever I get the urge! I will take lots of pictures, and blog about the days in the life of a Leadership Consultant! I hope you are ready for this adventure!

No comments: