Sunday, December 20, 2009

The adventures of Eta Omicron (WestConn)... ;)

So, this post is coming a little late--but I have to update you on my visit to Eta Omicron, Western Connecticut State University.

Lets start with the fact that the visit was odd in the fact that the girls had already done interviews, but elections weren't until after I left. The old officers were essentially done with their position, and I couldn't transition the new officers--so it was just an odd time to visit. We made the best of it though!

1. It snowed my first night there! It was beautiful!

2.One of the nights I went shopping for Christmas presents with one of my roommates. We came back to find our building surrounded by police cars and police officers putting on their bullet proof vests with rifles. We tried getting in the building and they said we weren't allowed in and could wait in another building on campus. (mind you it was in the 20 degree range!) We jumped a balcony (on the first floor) and went up the side stairs. (Probably a bad move..) We got into our room and then got texts saying that there was a guy with a gun in the building. There were 4 of us home and we all went into the same room waiting to find out what was going on. The rumor mill/text chain was rediculous. We heard all sorts of crazy stories. We were eventually evacuated so that dogs could search the buildings. Needless to say--it was a crazy, scary, roller coaster of a situation. Mrs. Galentine (D3 DTD) was awesome. I called her so she was aware of the situation! I also called Annie (my boss) was at a dance class and told me if I called back and got her voicemail, that she'd call me back. Wow, if a gun situation can't get her attention, I'm not sure what will. lol Anyway--we were locked out of the building until around 130 or so, and got evacuated at around 830. It was a long evening to say the least.

4. I went to their semi formal which was my last night of the visit--and my last visit of the semester. It was really really fun! We danced all night! My feet hurt so bad, but it was so worth it!

This has been one heck of a semester and I couldn't have asked for a better experience!! I've met some amazing women along the way.. and hope I have made a difference!

I'm really looking forward to this semester! I have definitely found a rhythm and am loving my life more than ever! Thank you to those of you who share in my journey! I love you all!

No comments: