Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Epsilon Chi, Longwood University, my MOTHERS chapter!!!!

I don't even know where to begin. The moment I saw this visit on my schedule I started getting super excited. I was going to be able to see not only my moms chapter, but her school, and where she became the person she is today. I didn't even know what to expect! I emailed the Chapter President Chloe to let her know that this would be no ordinary visit. She was super sweet and told me how excited she was that I was coming. I talked to her the day of my arrival and got super excited at the fact that at least she was really nice on the phone. I was nervous that what if they didn't like me or if I didn't love them. (exactly like another Chapter visit that I've had.)


Regardless I arrived in Richmond, VA with 3 girls greeting me in ADPi letters. I was super excited to finally be here! We drove back to Farmville, like an hour away and just talked the entire time! We stopped at Panera and Starbucks (#1 & 2 things we have in common) on the way back to the school. They walked me to their dorm where I'm staying. They explained how they shared a dorm hall with KD and SK which I thought was really neat. We walked in the Chapter room and they had all 4 of my mom's composites setting out for me to see! They made me a binder with my schedule and other fun information as well as included a signature sheet of my moms and some articles from the Adelphean about the Chapter installation.

They also are making copies of the smaller composites and allowing me to take a copy of everything home! I was looking through old minutes tonight and learned that my mom was also social chair! It's so neat.. I can't even describe in words how much this has meant to me.

I am so fortunate that these women are so amazing! This didn't have to work out so well! They are definitely on the favorite list. I mean, regardless of the whole Chapter connection--I love them either way--so it's just BONUS that they are literally linked to my mom!

No comments: